Fall Flavors: Smoothies
The first official day of Fall is this Thursday! That means we're ready for fall flavors that are both healthy and yummy! We found three fall inspired smoothie recipes that are sure to satisfy your taste buds!
Pumpkin-Apple Breakfast Smoothie
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 medium apple, cut into pieces
- ½ banana, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup milk (almond, soy, cow's, etc.)
- ⅛ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 6 ice cubes
- Place oats in blender and blend for about 30 seconds until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Creamy Fig and Cinnamon Fall Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3-4 fresh figs
- 1 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp flax seeds or meal
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- handful of mulberries
- extra figs
- sprinkle of rolled oats or muesli
- sprinkle of chia seeds
- granola or rawnola
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick for stirring
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Adjust almond milk and ice to desired consistency.
- Top with a variety of toppings as suggested or do your own thing and throw cacao nibs on there, some peanut butter drizzle, whatever you fancy.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling), frozen*
- ⅓ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon old fashioned oats, toasted and ground**
- ¾ teaspoon homemade pumpkin pie spice (see below)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- whipped cream for topping, optional
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- For the pumpkin pie spice, mix all spices together in a small airtight container. Use ¾ teaspoon for smoothie and store the rest for another use.
- Add frozen banana, pumpkin, yogurt,maple syrup,oats,pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, salt, and almond milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and more nutmeg if desired.
Leave a Reply